Monday 10 November 2014

Becoming Closer to God

via
Recently, like in the past few months, I've been noticed God more in my life. He started to be more important in my life. More like something real than something of a dream.

This all sounds really strange and is really hard to put down. So let me explain. if possible. While we were going through that hard bit, which I don't really want to talk too much about at the moment, I started praying to God to make things better.

I took to reading the bible and wearing my holy medals. Things like that really helped me. They comforted me when I was feeling really low and helped me find things to smile about.

My feelings have all changed towards God, praying, religion. I've always been a Catholic and prayed, but my heart was never in it. I didn't truly understand why I was doing it! silly old me, slow at everything.

What I'm wanting to say is, I see just how kind, helpful and caring God is for us now. I know why we go to him in prayer and try to work up our relationships with him.

God is there, but not like something we imagine, but like a friend, like a physical person. Someone to turn to and love.

So, though I've lost a lot, I've also gained a lot. I feel braver and more confident and closer to go God. thank goodness for that.

From now on, my aim is to make more time for God and to read more of the bible and pray, pray, pray.

I don't know how to end this post. It's a sort of ramble, which for those are you who don't know, is the hardest to end.

Let's just say, until my next post!

God Bless You,
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment